What is Pisces Spirit Animal and its meaning?
Spirit animals and zodiac signs have always held special meanings, as they can teach us to better understand our own virtues and shortcomings.
They can even help us develop and maintain relationships, as can this handy guide. I stumbled upon it at a crucial moment in my life, and it has helped me create a stronger connection with the people I care about. If this sounds like something you need, give it a chance.
Are you a Pisces on a quest to get to know yourself better? Do you know what the Pisces spirit animal is?
If you’re not sure, don’t worry. I’ve put together a list of some of the most common animals associated with your sign and their meanings. But first, let’s take a look at what Pisces are like.
The Personality of a Pisces
Pisces is among the gentler and more caring zodiac signs. They tend to be mild-natured and withdrawn. Here are some of the most prominent Pisces personality traits:
- Creativity. Those born under the sign of Pisces tend to be very talented and creative. Their hobbies often revolve around visual arts, music, or literature. They’re always open to new ideas and eager to explore the unknown.
- Empathy and emotion. Piscean women and men feel emotions on a much deeper level than most other people. This gives them a strong ability to empathize with others, but they can also sometimes be seen as cry-babies.
- Shyness. This is a typical Pisces trait. They hate to be a burden and tend to stick to themselves. They rarely ask for help, even when they really need it. Being closed-off is also another mechanism for coping with the strong emotions they feel.
- Eagerness to help. Although they never expect others to help them, Pisceans are more than eager to help others. They won’t even wait for you to ask for it – it simply makes them happy to make someone else’s life a little easier.
- Secrecy. Pisces prefer to keep secrets rather than be an open book. This gives them a sort of duality of nature – they might exhibit certain traits in public, but you won’t really get to know a Pisces unless he or she lets you.
So What Is the Spirit Animal of a Pisces and What Meaning Does It Hold?
In general, there is no strict correlation between zodiac signs and spirit animals. In other words, it is possible to list a number of animals for each zodiac sign that correlate to the personality and characteristics of that sign. This isn’t a bad thing – it simply means that we are complex creatures made up of a combination of factors surrounding us.
Check out the following list of spirit animals for Pisces and decide for yourself which one fits your personality best.
1. The Logical Answer – Fish
The zodiac sign of Pisces consists of two fish swimming around each other. This symbolizes the duality of Piscean nature. They might not be as indecisive as Libras or as self-conflicting as Geminis, but they do often have an outside personality they show everyone, and an inside one reserved only for the people they really trust. On the one hand are creativity and empathy, and on the other, illusion and hidden agenda.
The fish symbol also refers to the natural elegance of Pisces (and especially Piscean women). Those born under this sign tend to move quickly and skillfully, much like a fish does in water. There basically isn’t such a thing as a clumsy Pisces.
2. The Shyness of a Deer
Deer is one of the animals most commonly associated with the 12th sign of the zodiac. This is mostly due to the fact that Pisces are seen as shy, withdrawn, and sensitive. They are almost mystical and can often seem unattainable. They simply give off the impression that they’re not equipped to deal with all the ugliness of the real world (although, if you really get to know a Pisces, you’ll quickly learn that isn’t exactly true).
3. The Duality of the Wolf
The dual nature of Pisces that is represented in the fish symbol is also very obvious in the sign’s connection to wolves. Much like wolves, Pisces can thrive on their own, but they are inherently social creatures who prefer to be surrounded by a like-minded pack. When feeling insecure, their love can become pathological and obsessive, but they are otherwise very caring and nurturing. They aren’t as skittish as you’d think, but usually don’t attack others unless there’s an actual need to.
Keep in mind, though, that having a wolf as a spirit animal doesn’t necessarily mean Pisces are heartless savages. After all, wolves are the closest relatives of domesticated dogs, so they do have a certain level of cuteness and likability to them. On the other hand, if they feel like they’re being attacked – or, even worse, like someone they care about is – they can easily turn into unforgiving beasts.
Which Spirit Animal Are You?
Which one of the three animals listed above fits your Pisces personality best?
Learning what your spirit animal is and understanding its meaning is a great way to get to know yourself better. The next step is checking out this guide. It will help you analyze the relationships in your life from an informed point of view and understand the actions and motivations of the people around you.
Who knows, maybe it even teaches you how to win your crush over.
How I do things
Think of My Zodiac Lover like a curated collection of articles rather than a blog. You may have noticed I don’t allow any ads or other distracting content on my website.
My Zodiac Lover is supported by our readers, if you buy something we recommend, we sometimes get an affiliate commission – but this doesn’t affect the price you pay nor the items we suggest.
Find out more about me
Be a part of My Zodiac Lover