What Is Aquarius Spirit Animal and Its Meaning?
Much like the mysterious creatures of the deep ocean, Aquarians are elusive and difficult to figure out. That’s why, when someone asks me about the Aquarius spirit animal and its meaning, I often have a difficult time providing just one straightforward answer.
Are you trying to get to know an Aquarius better? I know how challenging that task can be, but I have something that might help. This guide! I can tell you from personal experience that it will make it much easier for you to get to know people better, whether you’re trying to make friends, improve your relationship, or win over an Aquarius.
What Is the Aquarius Like?
The personality of an Aquarius might be complex, but there are still certain common traits we can outline. Whether you’re dating an Aquarius, want to date one, or are trying to improve your friendship, getting to know them better is the first start. So here are some common Aquarius personality traits:
- Analytical. Aquarians have the ability to detach themselves from emotional situations and analyze them objectively. Not to say that they’re not an emotional sign. They just know when not to let their feelings control them.
- Intelligent. Of course, Aquarians wouldn’t have this analytical ability if they weren’t a very intelligent sign. They have a knack for noticing patterns, understanding the mechanics of, well, everything, and are quick learners. Their emotional intelligence is through the roof, too.
- Dreamy. This sign spends a good portion of their time daydreaming. Whether they’re pondering life or going over scenarios that never happened, they are constantly fantasizing about something. They often doze off in the middle of a conversation.
- Eccentric. Aquarius men and women love being different. They are not the ones to follow fashion trends (unless it’s something they genuinely like) and have very prominent artistic tendencies. Many people belonging to this sign are artists.
- Self-sufficient. Aquarians are competent people who know how to take care of themselves. They rarely ask for help, not because they don’t want to burden anyone, but because most of the time, they genuinely don’t need it.
- Social. Although they are independent and don’t mind spending time alone, Aquarians also enjoy being in the company of other people. As a matter of fact, they often have a lot of friends and keep in touch with all of them on a regular basis.
What Is Aquarius’s Spirit Animal?
There is a long list of animals an Aquarius can deeply bond with, and surprisingly, not all of them are aquatic. Spiders, for example, are commonly associated with this sign. Some other species that belong on the list of Aquarius spirit animals are otters and dolphins.
Otters – Lifetime Companions
Otters are smart and playful creatures, which are two characteristics commonly found in Aquarius women and men, too. They are very social animals and live in large groups. Similarly, Aquarians tend to have a lot of friends and like spending time with people. However, they both know how to preserve their independence and individuality.
Otters are among the few species of animals that tend to have one mate for life. Once they find “the one”, they stick together. Unsurprisingly, people born under this sign don’t take love lightly, either. They work hard to find a partner they click with, and once they do, they are committed and loyal lovers. If you’re considering dating an Aquarian, know that you can expect unyielding loyalty and dedication, as long as you can reciprocate.
Spiders – Natural Creators
Yes, yes, I know, spiders are scary and nothing like the sweet and quiet Aquarian you know. But hear me out. Spiders spend a lot of time creating. They are dedicated and work hard to put together a web despite all adversities. Much like spiders, Aquarians are hard-working and don’t get easily discouraged.
Surprisingly, spiders seem to exhibit signs of intelligence (although there is still a lot of research to be done on the topic), which gives them one more similarity to the Aquarius sign. And just like with spiders, many people can find Aquarians scary until they get to know them better, simply because they are so unique and different from everyone else they know.
Dolphins – Protectors of the Weak
Aquarians are a little bit of everything – social, but also independent; creative, but analytical. This versatile nature is something that they share with dolphins – one of only three kinds of mammals that live in water. They are also playful and social beings, much like otters and Aquarians.
What’s more, dolphins are known for being protective of those who can’t defend themselves. You’ve probably heard countless stories of dolphins surrounding people in water in order to protect them from sharks. People born under the Aquarius sign are much like that, too. They don’t hesitate to stand up for those who need it, even if it means putting themselves on the line.
Since Aquarians tend to be very artistic, it’s not uncommon for them to become famous artists and performers. Some of the most popular Aquarius celebrities include:
- Ellen DeGeneres (January 26, 1958)
- Alicia Keys (January 25, 1981)
- Elijah Wood (January 28, 1981)
- Justin Timberlake (January 31, 1981)
- Harry Styles (February 1, 1994)
- Tom Hiddleston (February 9, 1981)
Are You Trying to Win Over an Aquarius Crush?
Because they are such complex creatures, there is no simple recipe to win over an Aquarius. My best advice would be to listen to what they’re saying, don’t judge them for their eccentricity and uniqueness, and be ready to go on a lot of adventures.
Of course, in order to win anyone over, you need to get to know them better first. This guide can help you with that. It has helped me get closer to my crush and eventually win them over, so I’m sure it will do the same for you. And even if you have a different goal, such as working on your existing relationship with an Aquarius, the guide will come in handy.
How I do things
Think of My Zodiac Lover like a curated collection of articles rather than a blog. You may have noticed I don’t allow any ads or other distracting content on my website.
My Zodiac Lover is supported by our readers, if you buy something we recommend, we sometimes get an affiliate commission – but this doesn’t affect the price you pay nor the items we suggest.
Find out more about me
Be a part of My Zodiac Lover